First Aid + CPR/AED Combo
The Combo First Aid & Adult CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches participants to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses (diabetic emergencies & seizures), head/neck/back injuries, heat and cold emergencies and how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies for victims about 12 years and older. When and how to properly administer CPR (for patients age 1 and older) and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is also included in this course.
Participants will learn to:
• Protect against disease transmission.
• Follow the emergency action steps: Check - Call - Care.
• Call for, and work with emergency medical services (911).
• Care for conscious and unconscious choking victims.
• Care for common life-threatening emergencies (cuts, burns, illnesses, etc.).
• Care for a conscious choking child or adult.
• Care for both heart attack and cardiac arrest emergencies.
• Perform CPR, as well as care for breathing, and cardiac emergencies in both adults and children.
• Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) on a victim of a sudden cardiac arrest.
• Gain the confidence you need to act quickly and effectively in a medical emergency.
• Asthma + Choking
• Bites + Stings
• Bleeding + Burns
• Diabetic Emergencies
• Head + Spinal Injuries
• Heat + Cold Emergencies
• Heart Attack + Cardiac Arrest
• Orthopedic Injuries
• Poisoning Emergencies
• Seizures + Sudden Illnesses