First Aid + CPR/AED Combo
The Combo First Aid & Adult CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches participants to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses (diabetic emergencies & seizures), head/neck/back injuries, heat and cold emergencies and how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies for victims about 12 years and older.
Participants will learn to:
• Protect against disease transmission.
• Follow the emergency action steps: Check - Call - Care.
• Call for, and work with emergency medical services (911).
• Care for conscious and unconscious choking victims.
• Care for common life-threatening emergencies (cuts, burns, illnesses, etc.).
• Care for a conscious choking child or adult.
• Care for both heart attack and cardiac arrest emergencies.
• Perform CPR, as well as care for breathing, and cardiac emergencies in both adults and children.
• Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) on a victim of a sudden cardiac arrest.
• Gain the confidence you need to act quickly and effectively in a medical emergency.
Students will also learn to care for life-threatening injuries & illnesses such as:
|• Burns||• Spinal Injuries||• Seizures|
|• Bleeding||• Heat Illnesses||• Stroke|
|• Shock||• Cold Injuries||• Diabetic Emergencies|
|• Orthopedic Injuries||• Bites & Stings||• Poisoning|
|• Head Injuries||• Sudden Illnesses|
This training program does NOT result in a Red Cross or American Heart certification.