Infant + Child CPR/AED
Designed for childcare providers, teachers, parents and others who supervise children, this course will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children up to 12 years of age.
Participants will learn to:
• Protect against disease transmission.
• Follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
• Care for a conscious child who is choking.
• Prioritize care in an emergency with more than one victim.
• Give rescue breathing.
• Care for cardiac emergencies with CPR.
• Identify unusual sights, appearances or behaviors in infants or children.
• Use a pediatric automated external defibrillator (AED) on a victim of sudden cardiac arrest.
This training program does NOT result in a Red Cross or American Heart certification.